We have a friendly work environment where collegial support is highly appreciated and determination, high work morale and commitment to being the leaders of our industry unify the team.
We are continuously searching for talented, enthusiastic people to join our team. To be considered, please review the openings below.
Mark Cavagnero Associates has a position available for an Intermediate Architect/Designer with 5 – 10 years of progressive work experience.
We are an award winning, design-oriented firm in San Francisco specializing in cultural, educational and civic projects; recent award winning projects include SFJAZZ, Oakland Museum of California and The Terrace at the California Academy of Sciences. As a steadily growing firm, we offer a great deal of potential for designers who are interested in being integral in the development of a firm committed to well designed and detailed work.
We are looking for a professional, thoughtful and self-motivated individual with strong design and coordination skills who is able to multi-task and work independently with precision. The ideal candidate will want to be involved in the design and documentation of a variety of projects from the schematic design phase through construction. They will have exceptional skills in the following areas:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate on various projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively while integrating a high degree of attention to detail, organization and problem solving.
- Provide design support for completion and execution of client presentations.
- Develop space planning concepts and interior palette.
- Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications.
- Work with consultants to meet overall project deadlines.
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals.
Skills and expertise:
- Strong conceptual design ability and advanced graphic representation skills.
- Exhibits understanding of basic building materials, details and construction techniques.
- Strong knowledge of the design process, including architectural/interior finishes, lighting, FF&E, furniture systems and specifications.
- Intermediate to advanced Revit competence is preferred. Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as Rhino and Sketchup preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in interior architecture or architecture with focus or experience in Interior Architecture.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Passionate, responsible, team oriented, self-initiator and highly motivated individual.
Mark Cavagnero Associates is dedicated to the well-being of its employees. We provide competitive salaries and full benefits including medical, dental, 401K with a generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, life and disability insurance, and membership in an excellent health club.
To apply for this position, please email the following to: [email protected]
1. A cover letter in which you explain your motivation to work at Mark Cavagnero Associates
2. A complete resume including residency, visa status if applicable.
3. Work samples at 5MB max.
4. Mention Intermediate Architect/Designer in the subject line.
We are an award winning, 50+ person, design-oriented firm based in San Francisco for the last 25 years; recent award-winning projects include College of Marin, SFJAZZ, Oakland Museum of California and The Terrace at the California Academy of Sciences. As a firm, we are committed to well designed and detailed work. This is a great opportunity for designers who want to contribute to this excellence as we continue to grow.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree
- 0-3 years of architecture experience
- Strong Revit and AutoCAD proficiency
- Strong graphic layout experience
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within project teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects
Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment and be flexible to support numerous teams in any project phase. An emphasis is placed on sophisticated graphic communication ability.
Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Suite, SketchUp Pro, InDesign, and model-making. Candidates must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
We are dedicated to the well-being of our employees and we provide full benefits in addition to competitive salaries. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, 401k with a generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, life and disability insurance and a health club membership.
This position will begin as a remote work situation and will transition to an in-office position when we are able to return to the office.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and work samples to [email protected] No phone calls please.